Saturday, July 16, 2016

My favourite bookish heroines

Heroines! They are so important and it's so hard to find a good one. Don't we all love independent, kick ass women? I know I do. Heroines are so important, especially in YA. Girls and women need heroines, we need to have these bookish role models. I love girls and I love girl power. We don't need men to save us all the time, we can do it ourselves. We can be independent and strong and these are the sorts of messages all of our lovely ladies need to hear. So today, this post is celebrating something I'm very passionate about which is heroines.

One of my favourite heroines is Tessa Gray from the Infernal Devices. I love her because I can relate to her, I admire her love of literature and I love her strength. She had Will and Jem chasing after her the whole series and while I know I'd probably lap that up, Tessa didn't depend on either of them to solve her problems. I loved that Tessa knew that the parabatai bond was more important than her relationship with either of them. I admire her for not putting up with Wills crap (even though I'd be swooning so hard). I also adore that she knew she wasn't a plaything, she knew how she should be treated and accepted no less than that. Tessa didn't lead a rebellion or end a major war but that doesn't matter because she was still such a good example to us ladies and I absolutely adore her. She is definitely a role model of mine. She is just a whirlpool of wisdom. “There are so many worse things than death. Not to be loved or not to be able to love: that is worse.”

Another favourite would have to be Katniss Everdeen, of course from the Hunger Games. Katniss led a goddamn rebellion for gods sake. She knew things weren't right and she did something about it and that's something I admire so much. Of course her situation was so much more extreme than any situation I've ever been it. Katniss put her family first and everything else second and I think that's important, she had her priorities right. Katniss did what she had to do to survive and yes, that involved lies and hurt but let's all face the facts, a lot of us would've done just as much in order to survive. Katniss is herself and I think that's the best thing she could be. I always admire the fact that she never sold herself over to the Capitol which I know I probably would've simply because it was easier. Katniss is truly fantastic. “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.”

One I completely forgot about is none other than Hermione Granger. Hermione is so, so, so important and I can't believe I forgot about her. She is everything I aspire to be. I love that Hermione is a lot like me, I can see so much of myself in her and her situation. She is a hard worker, which is always admirable and I just love people who can work hard for what they want. I also love her love for Ron, in the whole series I could see her affection towards Ron ran deeper than friendship, especially in the later books. She is strong but still gentle. She is determined and that's such an incredible quality, I find a lot of people lack determination these days. She knew what she stood for and stood for it which is very brave, for example SPEW. She was beyond supportive to Harry and Ron. She helped Harry and fought alongside him even though she didn't have to. She's got a huge heart and that is the most admirable trait of all. I absolutely love her. “Are you planning to follow a career in Magical Law, Miss Granger?” asked Scrimgeour.
“No, I’m not,” retorted Hermione. “I’m hoping to do some good in the world!”


So, there's a quick look into my favourite heroines! I'd love to hear about your favourite bookish heroines so do leave me a comment. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment