Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Book Haul

The past few weeks, I have been quite spoilt and have acquired quite a few books that I've been wanting to read so I thought I'd share my haul. My intent isn't to show off, it is purely to share what I'm excited about and what you should be expecting me to read sometime soon.

The first one was Me Before You by Jojo Moyes which I've been wanting to read for ages but was struggling to find and I got it in the movie cover which I was thrilled about because I adore Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin. I can't wait to read it, I think it'll probably be the next one on my list. I haven't read a good sob worthy book in a while and from what I've heard, it will absolutely sob worthy.

Second I got the hardcover of A Court of Thorns and Roses which I was so excited about, I'd been on the look out for that too after A Court of Mist and Fury was released. When I saw it in hard cover I just couldn't resist especially since hard covers are a rare find for me. I'm currently reading it now and I am loving it so I'm happy with that one. And of course to go along I bought the paperback A Court of Mist and Fury since I wasn't sure how long I'd last afterwards.


Then I got Harry Potter and the Cursed Child which I was ecstatic about. I read it within a day of getting it and I was beyond happy to be back in the wizarding world. I was so so pleased with it and don't have a single regret. It's probably the one I was most happy about getting out of them all. I will never get over Harry Potter and anything Harry Potter related will please me immensely.

I got The Book Thief which I'd been trying to hunt down for SO long. I got the dvd as a gift but people have raved about it so much and I can see myself absolutely loving it that I didn't want to watch the movie first and potentially ruin the reading experience. So, I've been resisting the urge to watch for a very long time and I finally bought it so I'll be reading that very soon. You wouldn't understand how relieved I am to finally have it. It's like a weigth lifted, I feel like literally everyones read it and now I can finally have my turn.

I, then, got The Heir which I've been casually on the look out for since I bought The Crown on impulse after reading the first three in the series, I then realised there was a book before it. The cover is beautiful, my favourite of all of them. I can't wait to read since they're so damn  fluffy and I can't stop loving on them even though my brain tells me not to. That one will probably wait a while since I haven't a strong desire at the moment but I still am pretty excited for it. I might save it for a reading slump.

Finally, I got the Bane Chronicles which is very exciting since I love Magnus and I've heard it's quite entertaining. I've been interested in this one for a while but not too much. When I saw it though, I thought I may as well get it since I already know I'll probably really enjoy it. I'm not in any hurry to read it so I might save that one too. I look forward to it though.

I'm very excited about my books and as I said, I've been very spoilt. There will most definitely be a lot of posts about them all once I read them so you can look forward to that. Have you bought a book you're really excited about recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment