Saturday, September 24, 2016

This Is Where The World Ends by Amy Zhang

3 Stars

"We are the stars and the purple-red-blue sky is the background."

I honestly am at a loss for words at this. I typically like to write my reviews pretty soon after reading a book so every things fresh in my head but I'm not entirely sure what I can say about it. I can say its one of those book you'll either like or you won't. I think I liked it, I definitely wouldn't say I didn't like it so I guess that means I did, in fact, like it. I just don't really have many tho24039424ughts on it.

I remember having a lot of thoughts on Falling into Place which after reading this I really want to reread so I might do that next and compare the two. I just wasn't a fan of Janie and I wasn't a fan of Micah, I didn't love reading about them. I did really like Janies fairytale-esque journal entries. I thought they were different and interesting little analogies for what was happening in Janies life.

I like the split time, I know I've read books like that before and I've loved them, I can't put my finger on which ones they were but the names will come back to me later. I liked the mystery aspect of the before and after thing. You obviously knew something big was going to happen because of the after but you were just waiting for the before to build up to it and for the before and after to tie in together. So there was that.

I also really want to know why Micah and Janie couldn't let anyone know they were friends. Their friendship was really strange to me and it felt to me like Janie was in her own little world and it felt like she just didn't really connect with any of the characters even Micah.

I just really don't know about this book, maybe when my thoughts are a bit clearer I'll tidy this review up but maybe I'll leave it since these are my freshest of fresh thoughts. I can't really recommend or not recommend this book so you might have to flip a coin or read a better review.


2 comments:

  1. I've heard lots of mixed reviews about this one, so I don't know how to feel about it too! I guess I'll just have to read it to find out? It sounds pretty interesting though! :G
    Geraldine @ Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete