Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Bane Chronicles

4 Stars

"He then noted the four fully dressed (sigh)  people sleeping around him on the bed"

I'm going to go ahead and rate this 4 stars because I love Magnus, I love Cassandra Clare and I love this world. Magnus is such an intriguing character, he is so fun and strange and eccentric. I was thrilled to have a selection of stories based purely on Magnus himself.
16303287I loved that each story had Magnus just oozing out of it. Magnus has such a strong personality and I was genuinely concerned that the book wouldn't do him justice. It did though and I'm so pleased. If you like Magnus, it's pretty much guaranteed you will love this book. You will like him even more after reading the book.

I pulled out quite a few hilarious quotes out of the book such as,

"'Stamina runes are not the only things that matter in life,' said Ragnor.
'So says someone who is wasting his life,' Magnus told him."

And

"'What are you talking about?' Magnus asked. 'You're a fantastic date. You've only been here ten minutes, and I already got half of your clothes off.'"

I think it's Magnus' bluntness that makes me laugh the most. Anyway, a really enjoyable read especially if you're not looking for anything too much. I would recommend to anyone who liked TMI or TID then I think you'll enjoy this. I really enjoyed seeing so much of Magnus.

No comments:

Post a Comment