Monday, December 05, 2016

Some New Words No. 2

So, you might remember my first Some New Words post but since then I've acquired three new words. I came across them in a few books and I wasn't sure of the meaning and I really enjoyed my first post so much that I thought we'd make it a regularly occurring thing. And for anyone wondering, these definitions are taken from bing and I add my own examples.

Neolithic

Relating to or denoting the later part of the Stone Age, when ground or polished stone weapons and implements prevailed.
E.g. The house was very Neolithic.

Obelisk

A tapering stone pillar, typically having a square or rectangular cross section, set up as a monument or landmark.
E.g. While travelling I saw a few obelisks.

Eclectic


Deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
E.g. As an artist, she was quite eclectic.

My favourite word out of the three would have to be eclectic because I think I tend to be eclectic, I often find inspiration for my blog posts hidden among dozens of other bloggers posts and I always look at other blogs for inspiration for my own. I hope you've learned something new, as I have. If you haven't already checked out my first Some New Words post then please do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment