Monday, December 12, 2016

Top Quotes from Everything, Everything

I adored Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon and there were so many gorgeous quotes from it that I needed to make a post highlighting my favourites.

1. “Everything's a risk. Not doing anything is a risk. It's up to you.”

2. “Life is a gift. Don't forget to live it.”

18692431
3. “Just because you can’t experience everything doesn’t mean you shouldn’t experience anything.” 

4. “I was happy before I met him. But I’m alive now, and those are not the same thing.”  

5.  “There's no denying it now. I'm in the world. And, too, the world is in me.”  

6. “Do you remember when we read The Little Prince together for the first time? I was so upset that he died in the end. I didn’t understand how he could choose death just so he could get back to his rose. I think I understand it now. He wasn’t choosing to die. His rose was his whole life. Without her, he wasn’t really alive.”

7. “I’ve read many, many books involving heartache. Not one has ever described it as little. Soul-shattering and world-destroying, yes. Little, no.”

8. “It's like I can't look at the world in the old way anymore. I found this new part of myself when I met him and the new part doesn't know how to stay quiet and still and just observe.”  

9. “and how sometimes you can’t unmix things no matter how much you might want to.”  

10. “Q: Will I encounter turbulence? A: Yes. Into all lives a little turbulence must fall.”

I selected only ten to keep this short and sweet but I'm sure if I could I'd just copy the whole monologue of the book here but unfortunately I'd probably get in major legal trouble. I don't think I'm quite old enough yet to acquire my own lawyer. Regardless, I adore all these quotes so much. Everything, Everything is one of the most quote worthy books I've read in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment