Monday, December 26, 2016

What I Got For Christmas 2016

A small disclaimer to begin with, I'm in no way trying to brag or show off. I'm just very genuinely excited about what I got for Christmas this year. I love to read these kinds of posts and I love to write the things that I love to read. We'll obviously start with the books I got this year. So please get cosy and I am super cosy with worlds fattest cat in my lap.

From my parents, I got the whole Throne of Glass series in hardcover excluding Throne of Glass because I already had that. My Mum thought it would be nice because she knew how long it would take me to accumulate the whole series on my own and the more I think about it, the smarter I think it was. It would have taken me forever. I'm already half way through Crown of Midnight and loving it. Also from my parents, a small collection of Beatle related books. I got The Beatles Book which I'm loving so far. I got Shout! and John by Cynthia Lennon which I'm extremely intrigued about. Plus a couple of Harry Potter related books. It was great and I can't wait to read all of them.

From my extended family, I got quite the collection. If my list is correct, I got:
  • The Young Elites by Marie Lu
  • My Best Friend is a Goddess
  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyers
  • Heartless by Marissa Meyers
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
  • Tales From The Shadowhunter Academy
  • Three Dark Crowns by Kendra Blake (THE HARDCOVER WITH THE GORGEOUS DECKLED PAGES OMG)
  • The Night Circus
  • The Memory Book
I'm really excited about these. I know Scarlet and Heartless will be good and lord knows I'm a sucker for a shadowhunter book. My Best Friend is a Goddess looks like a really fun book too, and I think it's an Australian author but do not quote me on that. I've obviously really done my research for this post. Anyway, super excited to read the lot of them. You'll have to watch out for reviews.

I also got a bit of cash so I did order just a few new books for myself. If I remember correctly I ordered, If I Was Your Girl, A Torch Against The Night, Library Of Souls, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and The Sun Is Also A Star. All of which I'm very excited to receive because I know I'll love them all.

Now, onto a few non book items. I got a few nice summer clothes with I absolutely love. In fact, I have a pair of really cute shorts on right now and I am in love with them. I usually hate shorts but these are so comfy and not too short and they actually look really nice too. I got some white sheets for my bed because they're always handy to have and now I can actually rotate between sheets which will be fantastic. I got a couple seasons of Friends on DVD plus the fourth Sharknado movie because I love Sharknado. I got a couple of bath things from Lush which is awesome because we only have one store in the state and I've never been there. I used the bath bomb yesterday and it was kind of fun although the glitter despite making me feel like a princess makes me worried. Glitter in a bath seems too much like I'm asking for an infection. I also got The Great Australian Bake Off cook book which has so many fun recipes that I can not wait to test out for myself. I love the Bake Off. Plus a few other small bits and bobs.

I had a fantastic Christmas day even if it was the hottest one we've had in a while. I'm in love with all of my lovely things and my friends and family are in love with the things I got them. I saw a lot of family members I haven't seen in a while which was lovely and of course, I ate a lot of yummy food. I hope you all had a great Christmas with your loved ones and got spoilt. I also hoped you enjoy my more chatty kind of haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment