Saturday, May 13, 2017

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

4 Stars

“Just because something isn't practical doesn't mean it's not worth creating. Sometimes beauty and real-life magic are enough.”

23533128I feel kind of sad now that I've officially finish the Anna and the French Kiss trilogy. I loved this one though. It definitely belongs and I love that it intertwines with the other characters too. I was worried it wouldn't when I realised it wasn't set in France but it intertwined beautifully.

I love Lola, she is so unique and confident. I think it's wonderful, I knew she'd be a fun character to read when I read about her crazy outfit in the ending of Isla And and that she was. You can really tell that Lola is happy being herself and she knows herself, too. Although, I know if I dressed like she does I'd get bullied mercilessly and I'm sure she does. She'd have to have a lot of guts to deal with that so I really admire her as a character. She actually reminds me of Lola from Hannah Montana now, I was always a fan of Lola's wigs.

I love that we get to see much more of the internal struggle Lola faces because it's very similar to St Clair's problems from Anna And but we didn't get to see anything from his side of the equation and now we do except it's not St Clair, it's Lola. It's not something I can relate to which is almost why I enjoy that dilemma so much in books. I love that we get experience how blinded Lola is by her love for Max yet she still wants that boy next door and we get to be with her as she tries to minimalize the damage.

It really isn't just a book about falling in love, it's about realising that there isn't always a perfect solution and then trying to decide what the best solution is from there out. I think we really got to see Lola sort out her priorities and grow up. I think it also had a lot to teach in the way of family, I loved Lola's family.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, I think it's slots in very nicely. I'm endlessly disappointed that there is no more of this beautiful fluff for me to read.




No comments:

Post a Comment