Thursday, June 01, 2017

May 2017 Wrap Up

It's that time again. I can't believe it's already June and winter, my favourite season of all. So, let's get down to it.
This month I read:
- 180 Seconds by Jessica Park
- The Secret River (Screenplay) by Andrew Bovell
- One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- Living On Hope Street by Demet Divaroren

I didn't do as much reading as I might of liked, I think my standards were set pretty high from previous months. Still, I've been quite busy studying for my mid years which are creeping up far too soon. Any time I'm not studying I just feel like doing something completely mindless like scrolling through Twitter or Facebook. I think June will be a lot of the same with mid years right at the end of the month. But, despite not reading too much I did enjoy most of what I did read. The Secret River I read for school so I enjoyed it about as much as you can a school text but still, fairly interesting and it talks directly of the parts of Australian history we are only now beginning to discuss. I really liked 180 Seconds, it was super cute. One Of Us Is Lying was fantastic and everything I didn't know I wanted. Living On Hope Street was really eye opening and real.

May has been a bit of a meh month for me just because I haven't been doing all that much, just the usual. I'm both looking forward to and dreading June because of exams, I'm looking forward to getting them over and done with but I'm not looking forward to the actual exam period. I'm looking forward to some of the reads I have planned out though.

There were so many exciting releases in May that I still haven't read because I'm on a book buying ban and my library kind of sucks in the YA section. My heart yearns for them but maybe the wait will make it even better when I actually do get around to reading them. I know that there are some equally excited releases coming out in June so I quite look forward to that even if I can't buy any of them yet.

Anyway, I don't have much else to say about May so I think I'll leave it there. I hope you've had a bit more of an exciting month than I have, if you have I'd love to hear about it. I hope you have a great month in June and maybe you won't have to deal with exams.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like a lot of people have exams in June!! Good luck on yours Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure seems like it! Thanks very much Emily, I'll probably need it!

      Delete