Saturday, September 30, 2017

September 2017 Wrap Up

Guys, let me tell you. I feel like I blinked and September was over. It is so surreal. I can't believe how quickly the year is going and I am willing it with all my might to slow down.

This month I only read three books which is perhaps the smallest amount I've read in a long time. I read:
- Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

I DNFed a book sometime between the two books because I wasn't into it at all which took up some of my precious reading time. Genuine Fraud was okay, definitely not anything I'd rave about but I didn't dislike it so there's that. Gone Girl was pretty good, I had minor issues but overall, really goo, I enjoyed it. Six of Crows was a reread because the first time I read it I was in such a bad slump and didn't actually absorb a single thing so I reread it because I really wanted to love it and I did this time around so you can look forward to that review.

September has been pretty stressful, not going lie. I usually pride myself on my ability to not let the stress get to me but college is so completely different to high school in the workload and expectations. But, not long to go now and it'll finished until next year when I get to do it all again but this time with even more stress and expectations. I'm really enthused, I don't know if you can tell. But, I'm hoping to write some stress related posts with all the new coping mechanisms I've become reliant on. So, you should look forward to that.

I'm looking forward to October, it's going to be absolutely jam packed with study. It's the last month before final exams so, it'll definitely be study, study, study. I probably won't get around to doing too much reading aside from the texts from my English text which I'll be going over so much in an attempt to soak in as much as possible from all four of the texts. But as for recreational reading, that may be hard to come by. But, I'll definitely try to get some in as a bit a relaxer between studying and practising and everything else I've got to be doing.

I think I'll leave it there for now. I hope you've all had a great and less stressful September than I did and I hope you got a bit more reading in than I did. I'd love to know what you read. I wish you all a happy and comfortable October.








8 comments:

  1. I understand you Brooklyn in every way! Uni has been stressing me out too and it’s just so different than anything I’ve been used too. But I hope you get to read more in October:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled so much in college with balancing my time. I was bright and high school was easy, but engineering school was a ton of work. Between the labs and challenging courses, I had no life. I was always jealous of my non-engineering friends, who went to parties and had fun. I applaud you ability to do as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! High school was great compared to this, I only wish I appreciated it at the time. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your studies!! I hope you find time to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry your month's been stressful :( I hope October is a lot better.

    Looking forward to your SOC review! And I also enjoyed Gone Girl, although I didn't love it :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete