Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Books I Swore I'd Read But Still Haven't

Today, I was thinking about all the books I swore I was going to read as soon as they were released but still haven't. There's a lot of them. It's hard for me to get to these new releases since I usually have to actually buy a copy since my library is so small and the YA section is only a couple of shelves big. But, these are all fantastic sounding books that I'm still trying to get to.

1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
This has been a read I've been anticipating ever since I first came across it on my twitter feed. I just think it is incredibly relevant at the moment and it's something I've been dying to read. It's about the police shootings and that's something that I can get incredibly passionate about. I'm hoping I'll get to read it soon, I can already tell I'm going to love it.

2. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
This sounds like such a cute and diverse read. I've been anticipating this for so long and now that it's out I still haven't gotten the chance to read it. It sounds like it's going to be pretty rich in culture which I'm looking forward to. I'm looking forward to reading about a culture that I haven't read about much about before.

3. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
I'm straight up mad at myself for this one. I love the All The Boys series so much and when I found out there was going to be a third and final book, I died inside a little. I've been looking forward to reading it so much. And, I still haven't. I can't believe myself. Everyone I know has completely fallen in love with the conclusion to the gorgeously fluffy series and I am dying to read it.

4.We Are Okay by Nina Lacour
I've been kicking myself about this one too. I adored Everything Leads To You by Nina Lacour so when I saw this was coming out, I was so excited. I've seen so many of my favourite blogs loving on this book. I'm really looking forward to it, it sounds like everything I love in a contemporary.

5. Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor
I've heard everyone and their dog raving about this book and hyping about this book. I need to read it and I swore I would. I even got accepted for a copy on Netgalley but the next day it got archived before I got to download it. I was so disappointed. Maybe this is the universe giving me a sign that I should not read this book. But, nevertheless, I've heard nothing but fantastic things about it so I'm really hoping to get to read it sometime soon.

6. Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
I loved Illuminae a lot. So, I was super hyped about Gemina. But, it's feels like perhaps an entire eternity since Gemina was released and I still have not read it. I fell in love with the way Illuminae was written and finished it dying to read Gemina but I still haven't managed to read it.

7. Summer Days and Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins
I really liked My True Love Gave To Me and I really like these little anthologies. There are always some absolute gems and I always find a new author to fall in love with. I've been meaning to read this forever, it's got authors I already love and authors I haven't heard of. The cover is gorgeous. I need to read it.

8. History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
I haven't read one of Adam Silvera's books before but this one was getting so much hype everywhere and I was so excited. I knew I needed to read it but I still haven't and I'm kicking myself for it. Although, I think I may have seen this one at my local library during my last visit so I may be able to get to this one a bit sooner than I'd thought.

Okay, those are all the ones I can think of off the top of my head but I can assure you, there are more. Why must authors put out so many books when there are so many books that I still need to read. I don't have enough time for all these books that I'm still dying to read. Maybe if I spent less time talking about my never ending TBR, I'd actually be able to read some more books from my TBR. Hopefully I'll get around to reading each of these gems soon enough.

8 comments:

  1. Lol I’ve literally read and loved all of these! But if I had to choose, I would say definitely read THUG before anything else. It’s a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! I will make it my personal mission to read THUG.

      Delete
  2. Oh man- you gotta read THUG. It's a powerful and important read. I also need to read We Are Okay. It looks really good. :D

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, We Are Okay looks great, I hope we'll both get to read these soon.

      Delete
  3. A lot of these are on my TBR too! So many the books so little the time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gemina and When Dimple Met Rishi were both stupendous. I really want to read Always and Forever, Lara Jean, because I am such a fan of the series. I am on the hold list (and have been forEVER).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'm so glad to hear. I hope you get off the hold list soon.

      Delete