Saturday, June 04, 2016

What do my star ratings mean?

I thought I'd just give you a quick overview of what my star ratings mean. Although they can fluctuate, I'll try to keep it as up to date as I can. I decided to post this just in time for posting my first review on my actual blog.

Image result for 1 star
One star means I didn't like it and usually its because of a lot of things. The plot, the characters, the dialogue. It means that the book didn't flow and that it was just a hot mess. I don't often give books only one star.

Image result for 2 star
Two stars mean that again, I didn't like it but there were a few positives and I can tell the author had potential, they just didn't execute it in the right way. Again two starts is an uncommon thing.

Image result for 3 star
Three stars means it was average, it didn't blow me away. It has both its pros and cons, potential is probably there and in some cases I'll rate a book three stars because it just wasn't my cup of tea. Three stars isn't a negative thing, three stars can have a lot more to do with my personal preference a lot of the time.
Image result for 4 out of 5 star rating
Four stars (at this point I could no long find the matching stars which annoys me greatly aesthetically) means that this was a good book, a solidly good book that I probably will read again and I would recommend it.
 Image result for 5 stars
Five stars (ahh, the nice stars are back) five stars means this book really blew me away. It was an excellent book and I would gladly tell everyone every where to read it. Five stars is a rare thing for me but when I rate a book 5 stars you better believe, I absolutely love it.

I often give books a rating in between stars which as you can probably work out means it's not good enough to be give that extra .5 but its also not bad enough to go down that extra .5. So, there you go, a better insight to my reviews and rating. Hope this clears things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment