Saturday, November 05, 2016

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

4 stars

“When you spend so long trapped in darkness, Lucien, you find that the darkness begins to stare back.”

To be honest, I have a lot of words for Tamlin but I will spare you and give you a gif that sums most of them up.


I thought I really liked A Court of Thorns and Roses but no, I was wrong. Honestly, compared to this, I find it can't compete. It must be the only series I've read where the first book wasn't my favourite. It was a lot more engaging, so much action and tension.

Feyre was actually out and doing things. The tension between Feyre and Rhysand was almost unbearable. It was so much of a build up, it was way better than Tamlin. I shipped Tamlin with Feyre until Rhys came along though but now I just don't understand how I could have been so blind. This gif was me during all of Feyre and Rhysand's interactions.


All the action and tension made me want to keep reading and I honestly thought it would take me all week to finish it but it only took me about three afternoons. Which is pretty quick for me considering it was a good 600 pages long. I really admire when a book can get me stuck into it like that. I can't believe I was hesitant about this book, I can see why people kick up such a fuss about it. It deserves all the praise it gets.

If you haven't already read this series then one, where have you been? Two, you need to. I haven't felt so strongly about a fantasy series in a long time. I can't wait for the next book, I am so in love. I don't know what I'll do while I wait, I guess I'll have to read the Throne of Glass series to compensate for the time I'll need to spend waiting for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment