Saturday, September 30, 2017

Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray

4 Stars

17234659“Ten thousand skies, and a million worlds, and it still wouldn’t be enough for me to share with you. Nothing less than forever will do.”

I love this world. I love that we got to see a bit more of it in this second book and gain a bigger and better understanding of how it works.

This was a big and explosive sequel to A Thousand Pieces Of You which I also adored. It was literally filled of action. And so many different dimensions. It was wonderful. I was always so excited to see what dimension Marguerite was going to jump into next.

It focused heavily on the relationship between Paul and Marguerite. The dimensions making it even harder for Marguerite to decode all the feelings she has for Paul. It was quite interesting to see how it all unfolded between them even if Marguerite's Paul wasn't present through the large majority of the book.

My one flaw for this book would be, the way the author switches from present time to the past by the drop of a hat. Especially at the beginning. I understand the author is trying to get across as much information as she can but it's difficult to understand when she's jumping from present time to a past memory. The transition wasn't as smooth as it could've been. I think this could be a great info dumping tool if done well, unfortunately this wasn't done all that well.

Another small flaw that has nothing to do with the actual author themselves, I love Theo. I really, really want Theo to be with Marguerite in the end. Theo is absolutely gorgeous and Paul is just not my type at all. Obviously, Marguerite is but I am not. I want more Theo action.

But, asides from my massive love of Theo. I loved everything else about this book. I don't often read Science Fiction but this makes me want to read more of it. I love the idea of dimensions and I'm so excited to explore more of that in the next and final book. I think this was a brilliant and excited sequel and it left me hardly able to contain my excitement for A Million Worlds With You.

5 comments:

  1. YES YES I LOVE THEO!! I really don't like Paul, and I wish Theo was a bigger part of the story; he is SO much better with Marguerite than Paul is, and he's a much more interesting character too.
    So glad you like him too, Brooklyn!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEN THOUSAND SKIES ABOVE YOU is imaginative and expansive and rich with detail. The pace is non-stop. The surprises keep on coming. The build-up to the finish is electrifying. It is a sequel that surpasses its predecessor, that is so creative and so incredible, and that readers won’t be able to put down for a second, for a moment. It is a story that can’t be called anything less than phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete